Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving 2011, Also known as the day I gained 10 extra pounds!  I love to bake!  I use thanksgiving as an excuse to bake!  This year I only got to make tamales, Pumpkin Pie and Pecan Pie!  (I’m including tamales in the baking category this time.)

That morning started with the baking:

_DCP5543_DCP5544_DCP5548_DCP5549_DCP5550_DCP5567

(We had to make another pumpkin pie because that one was kidnapped and devoured with 4 forks before I could get to it to save it.)

Then to Granny and Pawpaws!

_DCP5868_DCP5871_DCP5870_DCP5872_DCP5877_DCP5884_DCP5890_DCP5894

Georgia Claire is walking now….

_DCP5909_DCP5918_DCP5923_DCP5979

Dinner, The best part (Love the label's)

_DCP6010_DCP6011_DCP6015_DCP6017

The day after we spent the day at my sisters house with my Dad.

_DCP6019_DCP6020

_DCP6021_DCP6025

Takes all day to cook.  About 30 min to eat and 5 min to a weeks worth of leftovers!

_DCP6028

GC eating her version of Thanksgiving!

_DCP6040_DCP6033_DCP6042

Sister and I doing what we do best!  Etsy shopping and pinterest!

_DCP6051

And the pumpkin pie, pumpkin cake and pecan pie!  Wish I had some left overs of this!

_DCP6053

We ended the day visiting my cousin who one comes into town once a year!  Crazy fun guy that I wished lived closer!  He also have 3 daughters!

_DCP6058

This Thanksgiving I had so much to be thankful for!  I am thankful everyday for my family and feel so blessed to be loved by them in return.  We are healthy and happy and without that, none of the other stuff would matter!  I am also thankful for the jobs Joshua and I have.  We are both self employed and as scary as that choice was for us, we have never been happier!  My photography business is now a 40 hour a week job!  Sometimes more.  It has been more rewarding than I ever imagined and I can still make every activity that my girls are involved with.  I’m thankful for the little farm that’s not so little anymore.  We are expecting between 40-70 babies this year and for the second year in a row, sold out of show wethers. (Boy goats that FFA and 4H kids show) They are winning shows too!  We were able to purchase a buck this year that will be the difference in us being a goat farm to THE goat farm.  Were excited to welcome him!  181 is his name.    I’m living in my dream home (Even though it’s tiny and the heat is out downstairs and it’s sometimes messy) My car runs and is semi-problem free and Joshua's at least runs!  We have clothes to wear and food to eat! 

I think a lot about what we have and don’t.  Not just on thanksgiving.  I also am thankful for the journey that were on.  It’s not always easy and I don’t often share some of our downs but without those , without all the times we’ve struggled, the times we thought life was especially hard on us has really taught me/us so much!  For that I am thankful!

God has blessed us far more than we deserve and we will do our best to earn everything he gives us and make him proud in return!

Sigcopy-4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love reading what you have to say!