Friday, January 29, 2010

My Sweet Aubrey Mae's Day!

It's a oh so sweet Birthday day at my house. My middle baby turned 5 this morning (or last night) at 12:15 a.m. She was also born on a Friday.

Last night she feel asleep not feeling well and woke up pretty much the same way. Eating toast on the couch this morning:

003
Then by 10:00 we had Autumn. Her school called and was concerned. They say she never complains so this morning when she did they got a little excited. They (the receptionist) took her temp and it was '95 degrees'. I don't know but I got my baby anyway. I think she just wanted to be at home with her sister on her birthday and really, I like when she’s at home too.  She (miraculously) was healed by the time we got home so she read for a while I worked on some things upstairs. By the time I got done and went downstairs she had everything picked up and the dishwasher unloaded. I love LOVE lOvE that kid! She was so proud of herself.


Lunch with the birthday girl. None other than Pot Pies!
007 008-1
After lunch (Thanks to Autumn's housekeeping help) the girls and I laid down for a bit. Annsley was the first one up so she helped me get the gifts out and set up for the party tonight.

 009 011  

Keeping busy until Aubrey woke up and the party started

016

We had Rusty, Miranda, Ramey and Rhett over for dinner. Aubrey's favorite was on the menu for tonight.

022023

Panda Express. So delish!
 
Then the gifts
052 030 031 034 035 038 039 041 042 044 047 051
And Cake....

It held up and I have to say... It was an awesome looking cake from far away!

017068069  

I caught Rhett and Annsley playing with one of Aubrey's gifts.
072 073
I wanted a picture of everyone and in my craziness of tying to get smiles, I realized my kids are so used to this they are immune. Ramey is laughing hysterically! She's too cute... Love her!  Really loves that she thinks I’m that funny.  I choose to believe she was NOT laughing AT me.
055
Can't forget about my sweet little nephew. Got a good smile or two out of him too.
027
It was a pretty good day. Not at all what was planned but I have learned to never get disappointed by plans not working out. Happens too often. We should be in Memphis tonight and then when that canceled, Aubrey and I should have had the morning to do some girl time but no matter where   we were I did not want her to be sick. Again.  At least it was not as bad as last year.
I am terrible at the baby book thing and am not a scrapbooker so my blogs are and will be my memories. I did the post a few days ago with what I wrote last year for Aubrey's birthday and really she's the same sweet spirit she was then.
She has changed, grown, matured and learned so much though. She is much more in love with Panda's today and insists she will be a vet. She is a great big sister, student, daughter, friend and child of God. She loves him and loves learning about him. She is very active. Loves to play, sing, dance and chat. She still loves her violin. She enjoys spending time outside with her dad and taking care of the animals. She really appreciates time alone with us and is very appreciative of anything we do for her. The smallest things still make her happy. She is my Grandmother in another body and is funny as the day is long. She is much more compassionate than she was last year and I can see true care in her.  I love her so much more than I did yesterday and will only love her more tomorrow.

Her drawing of her and her sisters.  She’s in the middle with a party hat!
065066

Aubrey you are the best middle child a mom could ever ask for! I love that you do so many sweet things for me, your dad and sisters and you keep us laughing and entertained. We all love you so so much forever. You are MY girl!

4 comments:

  1. i'm really happy she had a great time in spite of your plans!!! your cake looks so great i wish i could have a bite:p

    ( that's funny she was born the same day than my dad :)

    hope you have a great weekend:) i love reading ur blog on friday when i come back home from college :) it seems that i've never left!!!
    i miss you guy's !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swwwweeeetttt precious little kids! We had fun! Ramey and Autumn stayed up until well after midnight and I found them at 3am passed out with the light still on and dolls in their hands. I was too tired to take a picture, but I should have. They were up by 7 singing Rain, Rain, Go Away in the shower.??? Should have taken another picture, but didn't again. I'm sleep deprived. They have so much fun together! : ) I love cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Happy Birthday Aubrey! I am so glad she started to feel better yesterday! She looks like she had a wonderful time at her party. Sure wish we were there to celebrate with her! I hope she enjoyed her week of birthday fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your blog. It is almost as good as being there with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love reading what you have to say!